The process that needs to be followed by the students is mentioned below :-
Admission test will be held in all the Polytechnics of Assam on the subject Science and Mathematics on the date and time as notified by the DTE. There will be one question paper of Science and Mathematics of 100 marks of 2hours duration. The question paper will be H.S.L.C. level. For the Science paper Biology portion of the syllabus in not included.
Admission Test for Modern Office Management Diploma Course will be held only at Girls Polytechnic Guwahati in the subjects English and General Knowledge on the date and time as notified by DTE Assam.
N.B. : (1) The questions will be of objective types with multiple choice Answer for the Examinations. Candidate will have to darken the circle against the correct answer in separate OMR Answer Sheet.
N.B. : (2) Candidates are to bring their own drawing equipments. The result of the Polytechnic Admission Test will be published in some leading dailies of Assam and in the office of the Principal of all Polytechnics within a month from the Examination State.
Submission Of Application
Application Form duly completed is to be submitted to the Principal of the Polytechnic where he/she intends to appear in the Admission Test. Application Form with two recent passport size photographs duly attested by a Gazetted officer and pasted on the application duly completed to be submitted along with following certificates at the time of counseling.
- True copies of mark sheets of qualifying examinations passed.
- Documentary evidence of age (true copy of Admit Card or Certificate of the Board/University)
- Up to date character certificate from the Head of the Institutions last attended.
- Caste certificate, if claimed to belong to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe/OBS/MOBC/Tea-Garden/Ex-Tea Garden Labor Community from the appropriate authority as decided by Government from time to time.
- Certificate from Director of Sports, Assam and proof of representing State if applied against Sport and NCC quota.
Reservation of seats against Freedom Fighter category (both Paternal & Maternal).
- a) Certificate from the Principal Private Secretary to the Chief Minister, Assam.
- b) A direct relationship certificate of the candidate with the freedom fighter from the Deputy Commissioner or his authorized official if applied against the category of Freedom Fighter.
- c) Certificate from the Director, Rajik Sainik Board, Assam if applied against category of retired defense personnel.
- d) Certificate from the employer, if applied against quota of Central Government employees, etc.
NOTE :- Certificate or mark sheets other than those, which are given on the body of the form, must be submitted in true copies attested by a Government Gazetted officer with official seal. Original copies must be shown at the time of admission interview.
Interview And Selection
An interview will be held centrally to select the candidates provisionally for admission into the Polytechnics of Assam. The date and venue of which will be published along with the result of the Polytechnic admission test.
Choice of Polytechnic and branch of Engineering of a candidate will be determined on the basis of merit of the admission test at the time of interview.
Final selection against the quota reserved of the categories of NCC and Sports man shall be made by a Selection Board.
If discontinued studies in between passing the last examination of Board/University a gap certificate must be produced at the time of interview.
Candidates cannot take any other course of study once admitted in a Polytechnic.
Note :- Candidate sponsored by other States, Union Territories and Foreign Countries need not appear in the PAT but they are required to submit their applications in prescribed forms completed in all respects, when called by the DTE Assam.